Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rambling, baby pics, etc.

Did you want to see our baby? Of course you did. **cackles, tents fingers**


I don't have anything to say. Which should come as no surprise. I just have some time so I thought I would write a few words. Kelsey is doing great; the little girl has finally started putting on some weight; but at almost 24 inches and 9 lbs 3 oz, she's in the 75th percentile for height, and the 10th percentile for weight. So tall and skinny like her parents. No surprise there. In fact, when we would go in to the doctor concerned about her being so small (about 2 weeks ago she was 7-13 and 22) the nurses would just say "Well look at you two! OF course she's skinny and tall!"

School is well; I went on a ride along with Santa Clara Fire on Sunday. I was nervous before hand; I hadn't gone on a ride along before and didn't know what to expect; would I like it? Would I be scared? Would something gross me out? Would I forget everything I had learned? The answers are Yes, No, No, and No. In fact, I was complimented on my knowledge and ability to work under pressure by the crew. Yes, I did just toot my own horn. Don't like it? Too bad. My blog, my post, my rules. It was, no joke, he most fun I have had in I don't know how long. And I mean go-kart fun, not play with the baby fun. Totally different. I would rather spend a day with a crew than go racing all day, or really, do pretty much any activity. The down time can be boring, no doubt; we went about 6 hours without a call for a while, but then spent about 2 more on 3 calls that were really awesome. I feel bad for the people that are hurt/sick/injured in some way, but the thrill of driving through the city, lights and sirens, wondering what challenge you are going to face, is really quite the rush. I now understand why Kevin takes every single call back he can get; I would take em too! I want nothing more than to be a firefighter for SantaClara. I'll be applying to the volunteer reserves come April. I decided to sit out this round of hiring since we had just had Kelsey. A good move methinks.

3 comments:

Jamy said...

I LOVE THE PICTURES! She is so adorable and I can't believe how big she is! I absolutely love her forehead wrinkles. My babies had them too and they are so cute! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride along so much. Tyler would say the same thing: it was kind of morbid that he was so excited when people were seriously hurt or whatever but it was such a rush! You people are just weird in my book. ;) Glad nothing grossed you out and WAY TO TOOT YOUR OWN HORN! We gotta do that sometimes. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

Brody said...

I just tooted my own horn too. or just tooted. tats the same thing right?

KYLA CLAY said...

Ok, that last picture of Kelsey is my favorite!!!!! She is soo cute. Love her!